Tyler Durden wrote:

Well, I think there's an obvious disconnect on this issue. Clearly, pre-Christian religious practices survived Christian persecution throughout the ages. From the little I know, some of the practicing Druids actually have received a nearly unbroken chain of tradition.

The modern druid traditions, as followed by Willian Blake, only date back to the eighteenth century.

There is no unbroken chain of tradition.

Very little is known about the real pre-Roman druids, since they left no written traces. The little that is known (mistletoe and oaks) has come from Roman reports. The Romans also claim the druids burnt livestock and humans alive in huge wickermen.

I doubt these practices would survive unnoticed in most modern European societies.

But the fact that "Wicca" (as the movement is known today) does not necessarily represent anything authentic doesn't mean that authentic practicing pagans don't exist today (which was Harmon's main point, I believe).

The burden of truth lies with you and Harmon to prove authentic pagans exist.

Given that, again, virtually nothing is known about pagan practices your proof would be quite impossible.