From: Engr. Robert Attah
N.E.P.A., Lagos

Dear Sir,

I am a director in the National Electric Power authority (N.E.P.A.) and also
a member of a five-man committee for contract awards and payment
ratification. I came to know of you in my search for a reliable and
reputable person to handle a very confidential business that involves the
transfer of a huge sum of money to a foreign account. In line with the
Federal Government of Nigeria declaration on the privatization of the
N.E.P.A. at the prompting of the International Monetary Fund (I.M.F), it had
earmarked a total sum of USD$280million for the year 2001 capital
development projects.

The committee had unanimously budgeted to expend a total sum of USD$255
million and contracts to that effect have been awarded. However, the
contracts have been over-invoiced to accommodate the balance amount of
USD$25 million, and we have placed the balance of USD$25 million as floating
funds in the NEPA/Federal government escrow account in an off-shore account
facility of the Central Bank of Nigeria reflecting pending credit due to
external beneficiary. The over-invoiced sum is what we now have to transfer
to a foreign account.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount
to an account, which you have absolute control over for subsequent
disbursement amongst us. Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this
juncture is enormous as cases abound where top government functionaries such
as us in attempting to achieve such deals, on its successful completion,
have had their foreign partner(s) abscond with the entire sums or outright
denials of being obligated to transfer to their Nigerian counterparts their
share of the funds.
In return for your kindness, assistance and participation, we have agreed to
give 30% of the transferred sum, while 10% shall be set aside for incidental
expenses (internal and external) between both parties in the course of the
transaction.

You will be mandated to remit the balance of the transferred sum to another
account in due course. Could you please notify me of your acceptance to
assist in this transaction by a return mail including your secured fax
number for more details. You are assured that your role in this transaction
is risk free. To this end, this matter should be treated with utmost
confidentiality. Whilst thanking you for taking time to read through this
letter, I look forward to your kind and fast reply.

Yours faithfully

Engr. Robert Attah
Private e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

.