Well, we actually discussed a similar configuration in the context of mass demonstration. Such a configuration could prevent a Goonsquad shakedown of data/photos/videos, particularly when the WiFi device is acting like a router, and particularly when this router is one of many in a sea of routers, all forwarding the info-stuff.

To my knowledge, Variola cleverly dubbed it eJazeera.

-TD

From: Eugen Leitl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Mobile Wifi Backpack (fwd from [EMAIL PROTECTED])
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:28:35 +0100

----- Forwarded message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: 26 Mar 2004 23:26:03 -0000
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Mobile Wifi Backpack

Link: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/26/1841245
Posted by: michael, on 2004-03-26 20:20:00
Topic: wireless, 222 comments

   from the share-the-love dept.
   [1]ruzel writes "Julian Bleecker's web site [2]TechKwonDo describes
   [3]a project that is a wifi base station in a backpack. 'WiFi.Bedouin
   is a wearable, mobile 802.11b node disconnected from the global
   Internet. It forms a WiFi "island Internet" challenging conventional
   assumptions about WiFi and suggesting new architectures for digital
   networks that are based on physical proximity rather than solely
   connectivity.' The motivation is essentially subversive but what other
   uses are there for a device like this?"

[4]Click Here