From: "Major Variola (ret)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Gmail as Blacknet
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 10:48:02 -0700

At 09:58 AM 4/9/04 -0400, Tyler Durden wrote:
>Well, I never claimed to be Einstein, but your "3 simple steps" sound a
hell
>of a lot like my recipe for making a ham sandwich:

Hardly.  One could put together a very slick "drop file here for
encrypted net storage"
script in a day.  One could even prototype this using any net mail
system like
Yahoo, albeit with a rather piddling storage capacity.

By including plaintext search tokens (meaning known only to you, perhaps
derived
from hashing keywords) you could use Gmail's search feature to find
stored data.

This uses local encryption and net-based storage & backup.  Sounds good
to me.

It would be rather telling if Google said "no encrypted email" wouldn't
it? :-)

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar – FREE! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200414ave/direct/01/