At 07:28 AM 7/7/2004, Tyler Durden wrote:

"If you think the cable landings in Va/Md are coincidental, you are
smoking something I've run out of.  Its all recorded.  I'm sure the
archiving and database groups in Ft. Meade will get a chuckle out of your
"the right to" idioms."

Well, I don't actually believe it's all recorded. As I've attempted to explain previously, "they" almost certainly have risk models in place. When several variables twinkle enough (eg, origination area, IP address, presence of crypto...) some rule fires and then diverts a copy into the WASP'S Nest. There's probably some kind of key word search that either diverts the copy into storage or into the short list for an analyst to peek it.

Perhaps, but at a Bay Area meeting a few years back held to discuss NSA/SIGINT, I think it was held on the Stanford campus, a developer disclosed that an American contractor manufacturer had won a contract to install 250,000 high-capacity disk drives at one of these agenicies.

stveve