Can't specifically confirm that, but this last summer I traveled to several countries (and back into the US) using an expired passport as ID (and no, they didn't just forget to read the date, the expired passport was officially acceptable).

-TD

From: "Riad S. Wahby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Cypherpunks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Congress Close to Establishing Rules for Driver's Licenses
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:09:26 -0500

Dave Howe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And how many americans have a passport,and carry one for identification
> purposes?

Probably not all that many.

Tangentially, I was once told that, at least in Massachusetts liquor
stores, even an _expired_ passport was useful identification.  Can
anyone confirm that this is true other than at Sav-Mor Liquors?

--
Riad S. Wahby
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/