Title: KMSI December Newsletter

KMSI December Newsletter

Dear list member,

As we approach the end of 2004, our management team feels the energy in the marketplace increasing considerably. Our client list has grown substantially, having added several new Fortune 1,000 companies, and three significant associations to our client list over the past month. We have significantly expanded our management team and organized our staff into three regional operations in order to provide localized support to our clients and increase the spectrum of our consulting, content development and support services.

KMSI Releases KMx Version 3.1

At KMSI we take pride in listening to our clients and we prioritize our development initiatives to meet their needs. Over the next few weeks each of our clients will be introduced to the new functionality KMx Version 3.1 and receive support to accomplish the upgrade. Each year we have provided a major release of the KMx platform to our clients and each new release has significantly increased the tremendous capabilities of our platform. A few of the enhanced features now available in KMx Version 3.1 include:
- The evaluation and testing system now includes fill-in-the-blank questions
- The eCommerce system now provides a robust capability to define pricing based on user attributes
- The course development system now provides advanced sequencing and navigation, expanded pre-requisite management and customization of the course delivery environment
- The certification management system now provides the creation and management of multi-level certification and certificate programs
- The class management system now provides an enhanced attendance verification capability for the issuance of certificates or continuing education units
- The course catalog system now provides for anonymous catalog browsing prior to system log-on
- The class management system now provides for advanced waitlist functionality, automated reminders and self cancellation features
- The student interface now provides additional options for customization of screen and data elements and a new âActivities Summary.â

Click here for more information

KMx Client Success Story of the Month

A Major Multinational Automotive Manufacturing company needed to insure that manufacturing persons were properly trained on some very definite manufacturing practices. In fact, as part of their ISO 9000 certification these manufacturing practices (of which there were over 3000 total) needed to be reviewed every six months, and a process needed that would allow verification that the manufacturing practice for a given personâs task was read and understood by that person. Using KMx, at two different locations in two different countries, this Automotive Manufacturer quickly and easily converted existing documents, procedures and other materials for online delivery, combined them with actual video footage from the line and created traceable eLearning modules along with course completion tests. Now they have verifiable evidence that each person has gone through their own required material, evidence of what they saw, and how long it took them on each part, plus the documentation of knowledge gained through tracked testing.

Click here for more information

New Voice Over IP (VOIP) Technology Partner

KMSI recently entered into an agreement with Voxwire to offer enhanced virtual meeting room capabilities to our customers. Voxwireâ MeetingRoom is an unlimited computer-to-computer web conferencing application that allows people to talk to each other, send text-messages, and see the same website or other presentation on their screens from anywhere in the world. Voxwire can be used for private communication or with large groups of participants and allows two-way communications in the classroom using VOIP technology. This capability adds to the already industry leading collaboration options and virtual classroom functionality offered with KMx.

Click here for more information

New Vice President of Operations - Eastern United States

KMSI is pleased to announce that Brett Wilson has joined the company to support our KMx platform clients and lead our professional services activities in the Eastern U.S. and Canada. Brett brings more than 20 years of experience in training development and training and education management. Before joining KMSI, he was Vice President of Services and Operations at subsidiary companies of Sylvan Learning Systems and the Educational Testing Service. Brett was formally Vice President of Operations at Carney Interactive and held various senior assignments at General Physics Corporation. He is a U.S. Navy veteran and holds a B.S. in Education.

Click here for more information

Have a Wonderful Holiday Season and a Prosperous New Year

To all of our customers, partners, colleagues, friends and supporters, we wish you the happiest holiday season and a very special new year. Thank you all for a great 2004. We look forward to meeting and working with all of you in 2005.

Knowledge Management Solutions, Inc.
839 Elkridge Landing Road
Suite 205
LinthicumMD 21090