----- Original Message ----- From: "Major Variola (ret)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: punkly current events

If the Klan doesn't have
a right to wear pillowcases what makes you think mixmaster will
survive?

Well besides the misinterprettaion of the ruling, which I will ignore, what makes you think MixMaster isn't already dead?

MixMaster is only being used by a small percentage of individuals. Those individuals like to claim that everyone should send everything anonymously, when in truth communication cannot happen with anonymity, and trust cannot be built anonymously. This leaves MixMaster as only being useful for a small percentage of normal people, and those using it to prevent being identified as they communicate with other known individuals.

The result of this is rather the opposite of what MixMaster is supposed to create. A small group to investigate for any actions which are illegal, or deemed worth investigating. In fact it is arguable that for a new face in action it is probably easier to get away with the actions in question to send the information in the clear to their compatriots than it is to use MixMaster, simply because being a part of the group using MixMaster immediately flags them, as potential problems.

In short, except for those few people who have some use for MixMaster, MixMaster was stillborn. I'm not arguing whether such a situation should be the correct way things happened, but that is the way things happened.
Joe