On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Bron Gondwana wrote:

Our "checkreplication" script has managed to find uidvalidity
differences between a couple of folders.  I'm not sure how they
crept in, probably other bugs causing reconstructs with missing
index files or something.  Anyway...

Reading the sync_client protocol, I notice that do_mailbox_single
doesn't actually send the uidvalidity as part of the local mailbox
status from the server, so it can't even tell there's a difference.

Oops, yes. I think that this can only happen if the UIDvalidity changes while the UniqueID remains the same, which means reconstruct on a mailbox which is missing cyrus.header.

--
David Carter                             Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502