On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Bron Gondwana wrote:

Only very lightly tested... but hey.

Don't open the cyrus.cache file unless you need to,
handy for those people running with small fast meta
partitions and slow big partitions with the
cyrus.cache on them :)

Curiously I was having similar thoughts after laying my grubby paws on a pair of Intel X25e SSDs last week.

What are you doing about the generation numbers in the cyrus.index and cyrus.cache file?

There is a fairly elaborate dance in mailbox_open_index() to make sure that the correct pair of files are open in the face of mailbox_expunge() renaming two files in rapid succession in immediate or cleanup mode.

--
David Carter                             Email: david.car...@ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502