On 8/9/11 5:42 AM, Olivier ROLAND wrote:
2011/8/9 Dave McMurtrie<dav...@andrew.cmu.edu>:

If you're interested, you can already accomplish this by updating the mtime
(touch) of the on-disk executable for whichever process you want to re-read
imapd.conf.  This check is actually in place to detect if a new binary has been
installed so you could (in theory) upgrade while Cyrus is still running, but
changing the mtime of the binary should have the effect you desire.

Hth,

Dave

Thank's Dave. Yes indeed your trick works (calling exactly the same
piece of code).
Good to know but can we reasonably tell a sysadmin to proceed like
that ? I don't think so.

Oh my, no! I wasn't trying to imply that, either, so I apologize if it came across that way. I was only suggesting it to satisfy your immediate need and not to discourage you from thinking about a better solution. In fact, quite the opposite -- it's very important to the Cyrus Project that we get as many contributors as possible, so thank you for contributing!

Dave