On 2012-02-10 4:26, Greg Banks wrote:
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 09:58 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

  > > Technically, it's been outlined what Kolab Systems is
  seeking to do
  > > here, and as it is not so much on the roadmap for other
  parties
  > > involved, we're therefore seeking ways to allow us to also
  actually do
  > > the work (instead of asking other parties to do the work
  for us).

  > > I'm looking forward to it, as currently I may have seemed
  to ill- /
  > > ambiguously define what it is we're trying to do exactly.

  What we're specifically looking for, paraphrasing a 30.000 ft
  high-level birds view, is xCal and xCard stored in IMAP
  folders that are also made available through CalDAV / CardDAV,

Ok.

where such folders are annotated through SPECIAL-USE,

Sounds good.

so that any IMAP client is automatically compatible.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "compatible".

If a client understood Content-Type: application/calendar+xml and
did something useful with it, like display the calendar, or start
up a separate calendar tool, then it's compatible.  If a client
didn't understand that, a user opening that folder would see a
bunch of XML gibberish, which is very nearly the moral equivalent
of not showing anything at all, except more confusing.

SPECIAL-USE already requires "ENABLE SPECIAL-USE" by the client,

No it doesn't.  RFC6154 says no such thing.

Of course, you are right... I must have been seriously confused with something else. Well, some of the reasoning behind what I said would supposedly be possible to do were based on this assumption, actually.

I suppose we'll need to take this into account on whatever update to the RFC we come up with.

(...snip...)

I've pointed Georg to your comments, they are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG