Dan White wrote:
On 07/02/13 09:58 +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
Hi,

you might have noticed that Oracle has released Berkeley DB 6.0, and in
unfortunate move they relicensed the BDB to AGPLv3 which makes it
incompatible with anything else than AGPLv3 or GPLv3.

E.g. this makes cyrus licensing incompatible with Berkeley DB 6.0 since it
would require dual licensing which I hardly think makes sense.

Thus I think it's time to kill the Berkeley DB support in cyrus-imapd-2.5,
and start thinking about the replacement for cyrus-sasl sasldb (would
skiplist work here? or should we use sqlite3, kyotocabinet or anything
else?).

With regards to cyrus-sasl, Lightining DB is another option:

http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-sasl/2012-March/002479.html

It's released under the OpenLDAP Public License, which I assume is
compatible since ldapdb is released under the same license.

Updated patch posted last October.

http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-sasl/2012-October/002541.html

Sorry, I wasn't aware of this mailing list until today.

SQLite is horrible, has no multi-process support. Even with LMDB underneath it's far from tolerable. Kyoto Cabinet leaks like a sieve. http://www.anchor.com.au/blog/2013/05/second-strike-with-lightning/

--
  -- Howard Chu