2010/11/18 Vitja Makarov <vitja.maka...@gmail.com>:
> 2010/11/18 Stefan Behnel <stefan...@behnel.de>:
>> Vitja Makarov, 17.11.2010 11:33:
>>> I've created ticket for #596 for class closures.
>>
>> The patch shows issues when running the CPython regression tests, e.g. with
>> the "--sys-pyregr" option (assuming you have the CPython "test" package
>> installed).
>>
>> Several modules fail to compile at the C level, and the "test_call" test
>> doesn't terminate in Py2.7.
>>

> I'll take a look. Do you mean test_capi doesn't terminate?

Btw test_capi doesn't get reached w/o my patch.
On the other hand TestPendingCalls

hang too, I'm not sure why, but try this code:

import _testcapi
import time
import random

def callback():
    print 'callback'

for i in xrange(64):
    time.sleep(random.random()*0.02)
    print 'Try', i
    while True:
        if _testcapi._pending_threadfunc(callback):
            break

Fails too, it seems to me to be depended on GIL which is never
released in Cython code.
So I think that for now it's better to disable test_capi.

Didn't yet take time to look at other issues.

--
vitja.