On 2010-12-11 17:09 , Robert Bradshaw wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
> <arfrever....@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> 2010-12-11 12:01:11 Robert Bradshaw napisaƂ(a):
>>> Release candidate up at
>>> http://cython.org/release/Cython-0.14.rc0.tar.gz . Unless something
>>> bad is discovered, this will be the release sometime early next week.
>>
>> Some tests fail.
>>
>> Test failures with Python 2.6 (the same tests fail with Python 2.7):
>
> [...]
>
> Not sue what's up with all these numpy errors, but many (not all) of
> them look like a change in formatting of error messages. The basic
> functionality still seems to be passing--does anyone know if this is a
> regression?

I think so. I think these are real regressions:

   ValueError: Does not understand character buffer dtype format string (':')

 From regular Python, I've tried a few of the dtype() calls that you make, and
they seem to work fine. I don't see a problem in the generated code, though.

The rest are, as you say, just changes to the contents of the exception
messages. That's the problem with over-specific doctests. :-)

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco