On 12/16/2010 05:56 PM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> On 16 December 2010 02:03, Stefan Behnel<stefan...@behnel.de>  wrote:
>
>> Lisandro Dalcin, 15.12.2010 20:38:
>>
>>> On 15 December 2010 09:02, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis

>>> The problem here is that the dictionary keywords of
>>> __cythonbufferdefaults__ are parsed as BytesLiteral, there is code
>>> with "if not mode in buffer_options"  at Buffer.py that fails because
>>> "mode" is 'bytes' and "buffer_options" do have 'str' keys...
>>>
>>> Stefan, could you take a look at this?
>>>
>> Yes, I know. IIRC, NumPy 1.4 *requires* bytes values here, though.
>>
> Sorry, what do you mean?

__cythonbufferdefaults__ have no dependency on NumPy
(tests/run/bufaccess.pyx exercises it without NumPy). It's purely used
as a mechanism to get settings from an arbitrary pxd file to
Cython/Compiler/Buffer.py (as a way of getting "custom syntax" through
without having to modify the parser).

Sorry that I don't have time to fix all the buffer/NumPy issues cropping
up myself at the moment... I do still consider them "my" responsibility
and hope I'll have more time for this in spring, but not right now...

Dag Sverre