Hi everyone,

I've been having problem trying to use Gambit-C scheme in Python.
Everything works fine if I compile Gambit-C alone and run it.  But if
I try to combine it with Cython to make a extension it doesn't work.
I've been working on the problem with the Gambit-C folks and was
hoping there might be some suggestions on the Python side.  I've
attached my code -- just run make.  To run the standalone created by
Cython:

$ ./server_setup

Here's a typical Python session:

Process Python finished
Python 2.7.1 (r271:86832, Dec 29 2010, 01:38:09)

?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

In [2]: import gambit

In [3]: gambit.cleanup ()
Gambit-C cleanup complete

In [4]: gambit.setup ()
Gambit-C setup successful

In [5]: gambit.cleanup ()

Process Python exited abnormally with code 1

This is on OS X 10.6.6 with gcc-4.2, Cython 0.14, Python 2.7.1 and
Gambit-C 4.6.0 from git.  To install Gambit-C see:

http://dynamo.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/wiki/index.php/Contributing_Patches_to_Gambit_Source_Code

or maybe http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.6/prebuilt/
, though I'm using the above.  Macports might work also.