matus valo schrieb am 16.05.23 um 21:09:
I would like to inform you about recent porting of projects to Cython 3.
Recently, I participated in migration of 3 bigger projects to Cython 3:

Thanks a lot for doing this, Matúš. It helps Cython as much as it helps these projects.

When migrating to Cython 3, I was able to find out several issues in the
Cython, all of them are merged in master now. Hence, I would like to ask
about next steps. It would help greatly to release Cython 3 beta3. This
will allow me to pin scipy CI to real pre-release instead of master branch.

I'll try to get beta 3 released soon, but need to find a bit of consecutive time to get it out. There are still a couple of PRs that I'd like to look through.

Moreover, I would like to ask whether we can do the final Cython 3 release
after beta 3. The rationale is that the projects won't start really using
Cython 3 until we do the final release. Now, we have 3 big users of Cython
migrated, hence I think we have some confidence that Cython 3 is ready.
What do you think?

It's probably a good time to have a final call for merges. Promoting and voting for PRs is welcome.

Stefan