From: Academy of International Business List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Eden, Lorraine
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 9:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [AIB-L] looking for excellent undergraduate students

Dear AIB'rs:
If you are currently teaching senior undergraduate students who are trying to
decide where to go to graduate school next year.....
I want to draw your attention to the Masters in International Affairs degree
program offered by the Bush School of Government and Public Service here at
Texas A&M. I am an adjunct faculty member and have been teaching in the Bush
School on a part-time basis since it opened in 1997. While the School is named
after the 41st President of the United States (George Bush Sr) and he and
Barbara Bush visit regularly, the School is non-partisan with graduate students
from all walks of life and interests, many from outside the United States.
I teach two courses in the masters program - one a graduate seminar on
Multinational Enterprises, and starting in January, a new course on
International Transfer Pricing. More information on both courses can be found
here: http://www.voxprof.com/eden/eden-teaching.html.
The quality of the MPIA students in my classes is excellent, and I'd like to
continue to teach the "best and the brightest". So, if you have one or two
superb undergraduate seniors, who don't want to do (or don't have the work
experience for) an MBA, think about encouraging them to come to Texas A&M and
become Aggies - one of world's largest and strongest network of former
students.
A letter from Professor Adel Varghese about the program is attached below. I'd
also be happy to answer any questions you or your students might have about the
program. The Bush School's website is http://bush.tamu.edu.
best wishes, Lorraine Eden
Lorraine Eden
Professor of Management and Texas A&M Faculty Fellow
Mays Business School
TAMU 4221, 415D Wehner Bldg
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4221
Phone: 979/862-4053 (w) 979/693-1626 (h) Fax: 979/845-9641
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Home Page: http://www.voxprof.com
Office Hours: Tuesdays 1-3 pm or by appointment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Transfer Pricing Module starts January 2007:
http://www.voxprof.com/eden/eden-transfer-pricing.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear  Professor:
I am a faculty member involved in student recruiting at the public policy
school of Texas A & M University.  Named the Bush School after the 41st
president, our school is relatively new and we are interested in building our
Masters Track in International Economics and Development within our
International Affairs Program.  Since you advise and/or teach students who are
interested in careers in public or international service, we would appreciate
if you could name students in your class that would be interested in this
opportunity.  We are looking for a small number of well-qualified applicants
for next year's entering class and beyond.
Here are some key considerations:
o All students receive a generous scholarship opportunity with an average
amount greater than $ 7,000 in financial aid, a laptop computer, and an office
carrel.
o Each program is small by design, creating a close faculty-student
intellectual community, but taking advantage of the resources of a large,
public university.
o Our programs are definitely non-partisan, academically challenging and enroll
well-qualified students from across the country and around the world-entering
students' mean undergrad GPA is 3.5.
o Students may pursue a regional focus such as the Middle East, South Asia, and
China.
o Recently, Bush graduates are extremely successful in securing excellent
opportunities in relevant career employment.
o Texas A&M University is in College Station-90 minutes northeast of Houston.

The deadline for fall admission is January 19, 2007.  Successful applicants
show strong academic ability, a disposition toward leadership and a commitment
to serving others in an international setting.  At this time, about ten
students are admitted into the international economics and development track
every fall, coming from a range of diverse backgrounds and degrees.
Again, if you could send the names (and if possible, phone numbers and
addresses) of interested students, I would greatly appreciate your help. You
may e-mail me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sincerely,
Adel Varghese, Ph.D.
(Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 1996)
Recruiting Liason for International Economics and Development
Bush School of Government & Public Service
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
979-862-4779

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional