On Feb 3, 2006, at 1:10 AM, Echo wrote:

I have an idea that could work. I wanted to put dTable into bizobj
somehow. If the bizobj had access to the dTable definition of the
table, would it then have all the info it needed?

You'd have to do that through the cursor object. dTable is definitely a data-tier class.

Then the primary use of dTable would be so the bizobj knows about the
table. And as a feature, it could create the table if it doesn't exist
and if it has access.

There are already methods in the backend classes for obtaining the table structure. The problem is with SQLite, which doesn't seem to supply the same information in its dbapi cursors.

Would this be too messy or require Dabo uses to do too much recoding?

A little bit of both. ;-) A better solution is to find a way to supplement the table information behavior for PySQLite cursors. Most likely, such a task will have to be an addition to dbSQLite.py.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com