Congratulations! Best of luck to you and yours.

Larry Long

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ed Leafe
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 1:33 PM
To: ProFox Mailing List; Dabo Users list
Subject: [dabo-users] [OT] Consultant No More

        After 14 years of being an independent consultant, I've decided to
return to the ranks of the employed. I've just accepted a position as Senior
Python Developer with Rackspace Managed Hosting in San Antonio, Texas.

        For me it means moving down to San Antonio and leaving my family
behind in Rochester. Our younger son is still in high school, and is doing
well there, so we really don't want to uproot him now. Our older son goes to
the University at Buffalo, which is pretty close to Rochester, so we don't
want to leave him, either. So they're staying put, and I'm going off by
myself. The money isn't as lucrative as it was being independent, but it's a
*lot* steadier. And since Rackspace
(http://rackspace.com) is a solid company that is growing rapidly, there is
a lot of future potential there. I've also been to the San Antonio site, and
the people who work there seem to be genuinely interested in what they are
doing - sort of the anti-Dilbert world.

        For those of you on these lists, nothing should be changing: they
will continue to run as they always have. I won't be as active as I have,
but I will be keeping up with them in the evenings.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com

[excessive quoting removed by server]