Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 December 2007 6:36 pm, johnf wrote:
>
>> So if takes a little python training to help newbies understand Dabo -
>> why
>> not provide it?
>
> I'm with you on this. I see these messages to the list as a rough draft.
> The
> final polish can be added once they migrate to the Wiki. The topic being
> covered is broad and deep. In fact a book could be written on what you are
> trying to do. Even assuming you stuck to the 'Python' way there would
> still
> be more than one way to get to the end result, i.e. the multiple methods
> bind an event. At this point I for one am more interested in the process
> than
> the hairy details. Once I see a path from start to finish than it will be
> time to hash out the details. It is my experience that
> coding/writing/building is an iterative process. You start with a broad
> outline and then progressively fill in the gaps. Keep up the good work. I
> am
> waiting with baited breath for the section on biz objects.

I have to agree with all parties here but I think you should use more
commonly used Python methods and add a comment above when it might be
unclear to a beginner what is happening.  So use os.path.join and comment
above it saying that it joins paths together to form a valid path regardless
of the OS used.  As long as we know to look up the os module in the Python
documentation we can find all the other goodies included with it.

I REALLY want to thank you for the work you have put into this tutorial
series - it is very helpful.

Brian