On Dec 10, 2007, at 6:32 PM, Nate Lowrie wrote:

> We have to be very careful with this.  I don't know where the lines
> are with ITAR but we (devs in the US) cannot export encryption
> technology above a certain standard.  If someone wants to tackle this
> feel free, but please send an email to the dev list containing the
> specs of the encryption standard before you commit so that we don't do
> anything that would be a felony...

        I don't see a problem with this. We will not be supplying the
encryption, period. We will only be supplying the hooks. It makes no
sense to supply a publicly-available, open-source reversible
encryption, since anyone can download Dabo and decrypt away.

        Where we *can* enhance Dabo is to add better support for alternative
database access, such as user-supplied passwords, hardware dongles,
and the like.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com