On Dec 12, 2007 12:00 PM, johnf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 December 2007 10:36:49 am Adrian Klaver wrote:
> > > class CustomerPanel(dabo.ui.dPanel):
> > >     def afterInit(self):
> > >             self.Sizer=vs=dabo.ui.dSizer('h')
> >
> > I have not had a chance to run this code, but I was wondering about the
> > line above.  In your previous code examples vs usually referred to a
> > vertical sizer (dabo.ui.dSizer('v')).  Was the intent to have a vertical
> > sizer?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Adrian Klaver
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> You caught me!  I was making the UI ugly on purpose hoping one of the reader
> would fix it.  While I was doing that I guess I missed one of my changes.
> But Adrian make the change and see what happens.  I think you will find that
> fixing the UI is not as simple as making this change.

What it will do is that you will expand the grid sizer horizontally
instead of vertically.  It will definitely make it look nicer.  I
haven't run it, but there are a couple of things here.  Make the sizer
a dBorderSizer instead to give the panel some separation and focus.
Then, set the DefaultBorder to 5.  On the grid sizer, set the
DefaultBorder to 5 and the DefaultSpacing to 5.  That should make it
look better.  You don't need to expand this panel either...Change the
proportion to 0.  The little button bar thing you got going on needs
spacing and borders set right properties set right.  Why did you embed
the dGrid object in a panel/Sizer when you could have just added it to
the mainForm sizer?

Also, this code won't run unless you remove the space in "self.
requery()"...That all I got at the moment without running it...

Cheers,

Nate L.