On Dec 12, 2007, at 3:55 PM, Dennis Meulensteen wrote:

> I've tried searching the wiki, the web and the list-archives but
> can't for the
> life of me find any tips on how to add a button which inserts a new
> record in
> the DB...

        A button is a UI element, so it should talk to its Form. The code is
simply:

def onHit(self, evt):
        self.Form.new()

The form will then handle talking to the bizobj, updating the
display, etc. When you have made your changes to the the new record,
your Save/Cancel buttons should call self.Form.save() and
self.Form.cancel(), respectively.

> Using the ClassDesigner, browsing works very well (quite fast)
> after a few
> tweaks, mainly to do with failing datatype conversion between mySql
> and
> Dabo's BusinessObjects.

        Can you give me more information on this? What MySQL data types
caused the problem?

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com