Op Tuesday 18 December 2007, schreef Ed Leafe:
> On Dec 18, 2007, at 8:44 AM, Dennis Meulensteen wrote:
> > I received a web update yesterday but my code no longer runs from
> > the Class
> > Designer. It throws lots of errors. I tried two different versions
> > and even
> > CVS (all the way from trunk), running "python setup.py install"
> > before each
> > run. Is there some kind of "make clean" alternative I may need to use?
>
>       First off, doing all that extra stuff will bring your system to an
> unknown state, making it hard to diagnose what's going on.
Ok, I found out what was wrong. "Miscellaneous user error". It seems that I
had somehow set wrong permissions on my working directory. I chowned
everything over to myself and then  chmodded 775. Now saving stuff like
button widths and datasource paths works again... I honestly have no idea how
I managed to sc3w up the permissions along the way, but I'm glad I finally
got it sorted. My guess is that I must have copied or extracted some files as
root without noticing.

>       Second, what kind of errors are you experiencing? As I mentioned
> yesterday, I'm making major changes to Web Update to include all Dabo
> projects, and while I tested it as much as possible, I'm sure that a
> few problems will turn up.
Magically, the errors went away after I fixed the permissions *.-|

The other issue, not saving the subform data, went away after I set
FillLinkFromParent on my child Bizobj. I stumbled on this property in the
documentation and iIt sounded like the logical thing to do...

regards,
Dennis