On Feb 10, 2008, at 3:12 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> Tried the temp Cursor method. I did not get a syntax error but I
> also did not
> get any data. The sequence of commands was:
>
> pl_biz=self.getBizobj()
> pl_tc=pl_biz.getTempCursor()
> pl_tc.execute("select * from plant1 where common ilike 'agast%'"
> pl_tc.fetchall()
> []

        The cursor returned from getTempCursor() is a regular Dabo cursor,
not a dbapi cursor. IOW, fetchall() has already been called (which is
why calling it again returns nothing), and the data is already in
DataSet format. You access the data either through
cursor.getDataSet(), or by referencing the fields as usual:
cursor.Record.fieldName1, cursor.Record.fieldName2, etc. You can
change the RowNumber to access different records, or call
cursor.moveToRowNum() to do the same. You can call seek() to locate a
record within the data, etc.

-- Ed Leafe