On Oct 14, 2008, at 4:17 AM, Anders Eriksson wrote:

> The short story: I deleted the dabo Runtime directory and then
> reinstalled
> the runtime. Now web update doesn't perform!
>
> The long story:
> I Installed the Windows installation of Dabo Runtime and the first
> time I
> ran DaboDemo it called web update. Everything worked. I then used
> SVN to
> update Dabo, which lead to all kinds of errors. Lazy as I am, I just
> deleted the dabo directory and reinstalled the Dabo Runtime again.
>
> Now when I run DaboDemo it doesn't call web update!
>
> Since I have this at home I can't give you the exact version of the
> Dabo,
> but it is the one you get from DaboDev.org!
>
> How can I make web update to work again?

        OK, there may be two things going on. First, is there an old
directory named '.svn' in your installation? If Dabo sees such a
directory, it won't run Web Update. Second, if you installed the
released version of the framework (0.8.4), there have been no web
update releases since then, because we are making major changes for
the 0.9 release. Since 0.9 is not backwards-compatible, we can't just
update a 0.8.4 site without risking breaking something.

        So maybe it's not broken after all - maybe you *do* have the latest
released version by Web Update.  When you say the web update "doesn't
perform", what does that mean?

-- Ed Leafe