On Oct 27, 2008, at 4:04 PM, Emanuele Gesuato wrote:

> Is it possible to use dabo without the ide you provided ?

        Let me answer this one first. Yes, of course it's possible. I can say
that because the IDE itself, like all the visual tools, are written in
Dabo!

> I'm new to the dabo world. I'm just looking if i could use dabo for a
> simple application.
>
> I'm trying the class designer and it seems great (but somewhat
> slow). I
> have a very basic question about it: in a dForm i have two
> dListControl
> that have the same content, the two instances shares the following
> code:
>       self.addColumn('name')
>       self.addColumn('surname')
>       self.autoSizeColumns()
>
> i don't want to duplicate the code in the "onCreate" of the two
> component, i would like to add the code in a module "external" to the
> various widgets but i don't find any way to do it.

        On the code editor window of the Class Designer there is a button
'Manage Imports'. Click that, and in the dialog that pops up, enter
any import statements you need. Since the file saved by the Class
Designer is rendered into a single class file at runtime, those
imports will be in scope in your method code.

> I'm just trying to show in the first dListBox a list of person
> retrieved
> in a file (no operation related to a database for now). What's the
> best
> approach ? Should i create a bizObj ?

        You don't need a bizobj, since the main function of a bizobj is to
handle the logic behind reading and writing to a table in a database.
Instead, you could do something like this in the afterInit() method of
the list:

self.Choices = file("personList.txt").read().splitlines()

        If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post them here.

-- Ed Leafe