Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2008, at 7:33 AM, Alex Tweedly wrote:
>
>> How do you access the non-sizer mode ?
>
>       Create a new form, but uncheck the 'Use Sizers' box.
>
>       The default of using sizers was a conscious decision intended to
> discourage absolute layouts and promote cross-platform thinking.

At the risk of becoming an unwelcome complete pain in the ass :) I'd like to
suggest
an idea based on Qt Designer for the following workflow for form/class design:

1) The appdev adds controls, etc.

2) Position and size controls to the level of accuracy the appdev prefers,
without
sizers.

3) Add the sizers after the prototype design is (mostly) done. Options for
lassoing
controls to put in the same sizer, or a set of builders/wizards that analyze
the
design to try to determine the best layout. If labels/controls are all lined
up, use
a gridsizer, etc.

There'd be a separate hierarchy of objects for actual controls and sizers. At
any
time the appdev could disable the currently defined sizer hierarchy, make some
design
mods, and then reenable the sizer hierarchy or start fresh with sizers.

This gives the lowest barrier to entry, allows for really quick design
prototypes,
yet still encourages sizers.

Paul