Hello!

I am trying to get Dabo up and running but I believe there is a problem
with the dabo-0.9.1-win.zip file.

I am running Windows XP (+ latest SP)

I have tried both Python 2.5.4 and Python 2.6.1 (and associated wxPython,
ReportLab and PIL installs).

With both setups, I got an error when doing the 'python setup.py install'
- the error being that dabo.mo is corrupt.

Well I bagged this file off svn and then Dabo installed ok.

But then when starting Dabo up, there are no icons and I get multiple
messages relating to png files being corrupted due to ascii conversion.

So I then downloaded the windows binary installer and installed this, and
manually copied the icons from there to my 'proper' Dabo folders.

But things are still not right.

Some digging around reveals that there might be an error with the zip
file?  That the files in it are not in binary format?

(a relevant message here :
www.nabble.com/mo-files-in-dabo-0.9.1-corrupt-td21945112.html)

I have spent two frustrated nights trying to get this going, but haven't
given up yet.  I'd like to do a fresh install (with either Python 2.5.4 or
2.6.1) and I have 2 questions:

1.  Which is recommended, Python 2.5.4, or Python 2.6.1?

2.  Where can I find a valid Dabo 0.9.1 distribution? (should I use svn to
grab it?)

Thanks in advance,

Reg SJ.

This message is intended for the stated addressee(s) only and may be
confidential. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Any
opinions expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
BGL Group Limited and its subsidiaries. Any unauthorised disclosure, use
or dissemination, either whole or in part is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender
immediately.

Please scan all attachments for viruses.

BGL Group Limited is registered in England and Wales number 2593690.
Registered office: Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate,
Peterborough PE2 6YS.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---