On May 14, 2009, at 11:05 AM, johnf wrote:

> In a many to many relationship there is often a third table -
> intermediary
> table.  Normally, I link based on two fields.  But bizobj.LinkField
> only
> allows one string or one field.  It would be nice if the
> bizobj.LinkField
> could accept a tuple with multi fields and have the where cause work
> correctly for the child.
>
> So it would be nice to have a bizobj.LinkField that accepted more
> than just
> one field.

        If you're describing a many-to-many relationship, the solution isn't
as simple as adding multiple fields. The current approach is to set up
the relation as a set of 1:M, using whatever is appropriate for the
current UI.

        If you're describing a compound key involving multiple columns, that
should be supported. If it isn't, please create a ticket describing
the conditions to reproduce.

-- Ed Leafe