johnf wrote:
> I getting "Can't deduce HomeDirectory" as a info message.  Of course this
> does
> not do any harm.  I'm just wondering why it was considered important to
> record.  IOW what was the thinking behind this info message.  To avoid the
> message is it expected that I place my program in the dabo directory?

The point of the message is to tell you that HomeDirectory is not set
correctly. This could certainly do harm, if your app relies on basing file
locations off of HomeDirectory for example.

You can set HomeDirectory explicitly.

You are probably not subclassing dApp, but instantiating it directly,
resulting in app.__class__.__file__ pointing to the dabo directory and
thus being useless as HomeDir location.

Paul