On Tuesday 30 June 2009 01:19:26 pm Paul McNett wrote:
> johnf wrote:
> > It should be noted that if you set the column[idx].Visible = False you
> > no longer have access to the value.  So for me using the column for calc
> > is not going to work.
>
> Update to r5283 and then experiment with querying
> grid.Columns[idx].Value, which you can do whether or not the column is
> visible.
>
> Paul
I'm using grid.GetCellValue(row,col) to access the column I'm hiding.  That
returns '' as the value (should have been True or False).  Is there a better
way?

Let me tell you what I'm doing.  I have a column that is changing colors (the
background color of the cell) depending on several data fields in the grid.
At first I was just using the bool value of the cell to support the cell
colors.  Then I needed an other value from the row.  And now I need a third.
Everything is in the row so I was just using the "GetCellValue" to set the
value.

But now it looks like I need to create a virtual field to handle the issue.
I'm sort of resisting because I already have performance troubles.  And of
course adding more work for the bizobj to do sounds like not the way to go.

--
John Fabiani