On Wednesday 12 August 2009 03:21:52 pm Ed Leafe wrote:
 > On Aug 12, 2009, at 2:51 PM, Miguel Lopes wrote:
 > > I've been looking for a way to accomplish this.
 > > My goal was/is to have a bunch of toolbar items starting from the left
 > > side of the toolbar (this is trivial), and then to have a textbox (or
 > > maybe other toolItems as well) in the right side of the toolbar.
 >
 >     No, there is no floating spacer-type control for toolbars. You might
 > fake it by adding some fixed-width panels that have the same color as
 > the toolbar background.

Good idea. Capturing the Resize event I can change the width of the
panel to keep the textbox on the right side of the toolbar.
Txs!

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:11 AM, John<jfabi...@yolo.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 August 2009 03:51:15 pm John wrote:
On Wednesday 12 August 2009 03:51:15 pm John wrote:
>> I'm not to sure this applies but the wxPython demo of the toolbar display
>> exactly what I think you are describing.  With a TextBox and a SearchBox to
>> the left of the toolbar.  I did not look at the code to determine how it
>> was done.
>>
>> Core Windows/Controls
>>
>> ToolBar
>>

>> Johnf
>

> I said left.  I mean on the right.  BTW I just tested this with a dToolBar it
> appears to work very well.

Yes, I also have no problems if it is just appending a control. The
thing is having several items, controls (whatever) a *big space* and
then, next to the right border have a textbox. I think Ed's solution
will be ok.

Txs,
Miguel