In a message dated 9/18/2009 2:30:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
p...@ulmcnett.com writes:

John  wrote:
> I disagree with the last statement of easier to  read.

I've spent more time on this already than my interest level in  it. If
someone wants
to pursue replacing isinstance() with "better" code  that is more
interface-based,
then they can take this argument up with  you.

Paul

_http://leafe.com/archives/byMID/4ab3d1bb.5080...@ulmcnett.com_
(http://leafe.com/archives/byMID/4ab3d1bb.5080...@ulmcnett.com)

Just to chime in here...

In my view, the more intuitively named the function, the better. I am not
ready to pursue this myself, and perhaps the reason is partly due to the
opacity  and the longish learning curve.

As a principle of linguistics, it is easier to say and understand "slushy
snow" than "thing, type=precipitation, subtype=water, subsubtype=a little
above  freezing". All languages move in the direction of specialized terms.
The more  frequently used, the more likely a special name is applied.

And, coming from VFP, which is DABO's best shot at a user base, the more
VFP-ish the better.

Josh Rubin

multipart/alternative
  text/html