                self.Thaw()

        def _createStatusBar(self):
                """ override statusbar for main form"""
                pass

        def createStatusBar(self):
                if (self.ShowStatusBar
                                and self.StatusBar is None
                                and not isinstance (self, wx.Dialog)
                                and (sys.platform.startswith("darwin") or not
isinstance(self,
wx.MDIChildFrame))):
                        self.StatusBar = dabo.ui.dStatusBar(self)

When trying to make Dabo look and feel like VFP using the appwizard, I
want to open up the main form maximized.  This works fine but the
statusbar is created before the form is resized and flashes mid screen.
    I don't know if the freeze() or thaw() does anything but creating
the status bar in the afterInitAll() creates the status bar at the end
of the cycle.

Two things I am missing are Load() and the order of instantiation from
VFP, but I am certain I will learn to live without them or replace them.
  In my reading I saw two stage creation which I will investigate when I
get time.

--
Jeff

Jeff Johnson