On Thursday 15 October 2009 8:42:43 am John wrote:

> > > Thanks because to be honest it's beyond me.
> > >
> > > Johnf
> >
> > I can't get it to replicate here. I don't have the same set up so that
> > could be part of the problem. One thing that came to mind is from the
> > pysqlite/sqlite3 docs:
> > http://oss.itsystementwicklung.de/download/pysqlite/doc/sqlite3.html#defa
> >ul t-adapters-and-converters
> >
> > That is to declare the type in the query i.e.
> >
> > newdata = sessds.execute("select sessionid, miles,
> > facility,began '[date]',ended '[date]',totalseats from dataset group by 1
> > order by 2")
>
> Thanks Adrian for the work.  It did not occur to me to cast the data in the
> query.  I already put in a workaround and committed to the client.

It did not occur to me until this morning, because pysqlite is usually pretty
good at parsing out data types without hints. Just for completeness sake, did
the query return the correct type on Windows with the type hint?

> BTW I see you are doing a tutorial at PG West.  Very cool!

I am doing a presentation, if its a showing as a tutorial I have more work to
do:)

--
Adrian Klaver
akla...@comcast.net