Am 2010-07-05 um 17:25 schrieb Monte Milanuk:
> Getting all the pre-requisites installed and working on Mac OS X
> seems to be a
> bit of a chore... dabo requires(recommends?) ReportLab, ReportLab
> recommends
> PIL, PIL requires several other image libraries...  the status of
> PIL binaries
> for Mac OS X 10.6 seems a little shaky, from reading their mailing
> list, and
> compiling them requires I download Xcode from Apple and install oh,
> about 6
> gigabytes of stuff.  Yee gads.  I guess it keeps me out of the bars
> and all
> that...

Yes, PIL on the Mac is really tedious. I can only convince it to
compile if I patch its setup.py to omit /opt (MacPorts) and to include
my X11 installation, otherwise I get in library hell.
(I'm still on OSX 10.5)

> Is it a hard requirement that dabo needs ReportLab installed and
> working to
> function for starting out?  How much of a pain in the neck is it
> going to be if
> I go back and get the other stuff working later, when I'm at the
> point that I
> *need* pdf reports, etc.?

Dabo should work without reportlab, and that *should* partially work
without PIL. But since "my other big framework" Django has a stupid
dependency on PIL, it was better to fix that problem.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net