Jim Byrnes wrote:
> Ed Leafe wrote:
>> On Aug 25, 2010, at 1:03 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
>>
>>> Will Form.save() save changes to a record or just save new
>>> records?
>>
>> It will save all changed records, whether new or not.
>>
>>> I ask because if I edit a dTextBox and then try to save it to a
>>> Sqlite db using Form.save() the status bar says it is saving but
>>> the record in the db is unchanged.
>>
>> Obviously the change should be saved, but without more info I can't
>> say why it isn't in your case.
>>
>> Can you put together a small version of the app, zip it up, and
>> attach it to a ticket on https://trac.dabodev.com?
>>

> Before I do, one more question.  What tool do you guys use to create
> your sqlite db's?  I have been using sqliteman on ubuntu and I just
> discovered that I cannot save changes to any sqlite db I created when I
> use Dabo.
>
> I just used the AppWizard to generate a crud app against the db I have
> been working with and I cannot save any changes.  If I use sqliteman to
> make changes I can save them.  I used sqliteman to create a small test
> app and I could not save changes with a Dabo generated app but I could
> using sqliteman.
>
> I unpacked the webtest.sqlite db that comes with the dabo demo and used
> Dabo AppWizard to generate a crud app against it and I was able to save
> changes.  I tried the all above tests on a second machine also running
> Ubuntu and got the same results.
>
> If you want me to send you the test app do I just zip up the whole
> directory structure that the AppWizard created?
>
> Thanks,  Jim

Just a followup.  I was tired when I wrote this last night.  This
morning I noticed your db's have primary keys and mine did not. I made
one up with a primary key and ran the AppWizard and then I was able to
change and save records.

It may be apparent to a more experienced coder than myself but it seems
Dabo's .save() needs a table with a primary key to work. Now to put this
to use on the app I'm working on.

Regards,  Jim