I am back for looking how to set a default language for all Dabo apps.

My os default language is "fr", so reading up on locale.setlocale I
thought I could use LANG=en_EN.cp1252 env variable, but that is just
ignored.  googling a bit I came across a suggestion that it should be
LC_ALL=en_EN.cp1252, but same result.

Ed suggested:

dabo.dApp(Language="en")

Doing this in e.g. in ui.uiwx.test.py causes the following traceback.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "dDateTextBox.py", line 472, in <module>
     test.Test().runTest(dDateTextBox)
   File "C:\dev\dabo\dabo\ui\uiwx\test.py", line 28, in __init__
     self.app = dabo.dApp(Language='en')
   File "C:\dev\dabo\dabo\dApp.py", line 204, in __init__
     super(dApp, self).__init__(properties, *args, **kwargs)
   File "C:\dev\dabo\dabo\dObject.py", line 97, in __init__
     raise TypeError("Invalid keyword arguments passed to %s: %s" %
(self.__repr__(), bad))
TypeError: Invalid keyword arguments passed to <dabo.dApp.dApp
(baseclass dabo.dApp, id:81767568)>: 'Language'
Exception AttributeError: "'dApp' object has no attribute
'_tempFileHolder'" in <bound method dApp.__del__ of <dabo.dApp.dApp
(baseclass dabo.dApp, id:81767568)>> ignored

Ed's other suggestion was
self.Application.Language='en'

This works for the particular application.

Is there nothing which sets all Dabo application to a particular
language (including all test stuff in uiwx package and all IDE stuff)?

What about reversing the logic in dLocalize, i.e. use
dabo.defaultLanguage and only use locale.getdefaultencoding (as my
finding is that it can't be influenced, i.e. it just picks up the
os.default) if dabo.defaultLanguage is None.

Werner