On Mar 13, 2011, at 11:09 AM, JK wrote:

> ">>>app = dabo.dApp()" again.
>
> This time, I am getting the ErrorMessage (see B) - too familiar for me:
> sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file.
>
> I have no idea what to do, Could somebody help me, please?

        This less-than-optimal error message usually means that there is a
permission problem with the database file. We use SQLite to store preferences,
and you may have an old copy lying around. On my Win2K8 test machine, this file
is in the C:\Users\ed\AppData\Roaming\Dabo\ directory; on other Windows systems
it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\ed\Application Data\Dabo. Sorry I
can't be more specific, but Windows keeps changing where it wants you to store
application data.

        If you find that directory, try deleting or renaming it, and start up
Dabo again. If you still get an error, please let me know.

-- Ed Leafe