On 03/18/2011 08:10 PM, Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Paul McNett wrote:
>
>>> Any idea of how much time it would take a developer? (with experience in
>>> oracle, python; whatever skills you suggest...)
>>
>> With experience in Oracle and Python, and especially interacting with an
>> Oracle
>> database from Python itself, it would be straightforward but I'm not keen on
>> guessing
>> how much time it would take, but I'll put my WAG on the table anyway for a
>> not-fully-tested alpha version:
>>
>> 1 week?
>

>       I would say significantly less. Without doing anything, the current
> code should work for everywhere that Oracle shares SQL with MySQL and
> PostgreSQL; the only things that would need any coding are for those places
> where the code differs. If you have Oracle experience, it would be simple
> enough to identify those areas based on the generated SQL, and make the
> changes. Heck, if you tell me what isn't correct, I can make the changes and
> post them for further testing. I just don't have access to an Oracle
> installation to test against.

I did the work for dbOracle.py and the only reason it is not finished
was missing unicode support in cx_oracle.
I would guess that now cx_oracle has stabilized to get it done.
Most of the things are already there.

I used the free version (Oracle 10g Express Edition) which is free to
use.

And sorry, i have no time for this due to a new job.

Uwe