Am 2011-05-19 um 00:21 schrieb melka...@terra.es:

> Hi!  I'm a total novice to Dabo and (almost) to Python.

Welcome!

> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe1 in position
> 0: ordinal not in range(128)

As Ed said, maybe it’s already fixed, but it might be a problem of an
ASCII-only wxPython.
You absolutely need an Unicode-enabled wxPython!

> I am trying to localize my apps in spanish, so it's not a lot of
> change, but the range of chars is 256.
> In my Python novice code I always write this line: # -*- coding:
> latin-1 -*- (I don't know if it helps).

I would never use 8-bit encodings any more. Better use UTF-8 (or plain
7-bit ASCII).
But anyway, the encoding line must fit your real text encoding - you
should be able to set that in your editor.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net