Am 2011-05-19 um 15:48 schrieb melkarth0:

> As I said to Hraban, I have tested my programs with UTF-8 and they
> also worked ok, I will use this coding in them from now on, instead
> of latin-1.
> I'm using an unicode wxPython, and dEditBox runs fine. I think it
> must be something inside dTextBox.
> When I enter this lowercase letter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81
>  , I get:
>
> File "C:\Python25\DABO\demo\samples/dTextBox.py", line 56, in
> onTextKeyChar
>    cd, ch = evt.keyCode, evt.keyChar
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe1 in position
> 0:
> ordinal not in range(128)
>
> By the way, I'm only using DaboDemo.py now, not mixing with other
> python
> code.

Ok, sorry I didn’t test yesterday - I can confirm the error in my
environment (latest SVN):
Platform: Mac
Python Version: 2.6.4 on darwin
Dabo Version: Version 0.9.3; Revision 6589M
UI Version: 2.8.11.0 on wxMac

Just making the strings in the handlers unicode (Melkart: enter a 'u'
in front of the quotes) fixes the problem.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net