>Again, that's what PKs are for: to link tables, and that's what Dabo uses. But
>your sample
>code didn't provide the other columns that were required. Once I change it to
>include a
>default value, the code worked fine.
>-- Ed Leafe
========================
excuse me for a long email.

I think I have not explained the task to correctly. Let me start from the
beginning.
I have the following tables already populated.

Table 'mdlmst'--
colum names are:  mdlmstid, mdlmstcd, mdlmstnm.
values are:
(1, 'BOLX', 'Bolero LX'), (2, 'SCORX', 'Scorpio LX'), (3, 'SCORVX', 'Scorpio
VX')

Table 'wrmst'--
colum names are:  wrmstid, wrmstcd, wrmstnm.
values are:
(1, 'stdwarr', 'Std. warranty'), (2, 'extwarr1', 'extended warranty 1'), (3,
'extwarr2', 'extended warranty 2')

What I want to achieve is:
In the glue table, 'mdlwr', the associations are to be defined.
In a Form, two list-boxes will be pre-populated with values from masters -
mdlmst & wrmst.
The user would make selections and click on 'save'.
(If she can't find a value in list-box, there are separate Forms to add the
master entries).

Coming to my code:
Whether mmAddtoBoth(wrBizObj,"mdlmstid", '1', "wrmstid", '1') is the right
method to insert record in the
'glue' table?
I am confused by its name - mmAddtoBoth.
It seems that this method is for adding records to the 2 tables, mdlmst & wrmst.
Is it so?
Else, if this method is meant for adding record to 'glue' table, both the
values are present in their respective tables.
Then why this traceback is encountered:
(I have now provided in my code the default values, which  while creating
bizobj subclasses--
self.DefaultValues = {'wrmstid':'-1', 'wrmstnm':'w'} )
File "f:\py\dabo\db\dCursorMixin.py", line 386, in execute
    raise dException.DBQueryException(errMsg)
DBQueryException: (1048, "Column 'wrmstid' cannot be null")

Maybe, providing pkids of other tables in 'glue' table is a problem.
Should I provide my code again for your ready reference?
--- Thanks, Vineet

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---