On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 07:30:31 am Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2011, at 4:48 AM, Jacek Kałucki wrote:
> > One of the limitations of Dabo form data manager is inability to manage
> > multiple bizobjs of the same data source.
> > It's because the target resolution is based on DataSource property, which
> > could be the same for multiple data objects.
>
>       This was definitely not something that we designed for; the presumption
> was one table, one bizobj.
>
>       I'm wondering if adding a DataAlias property would help. This would
> allow
> you to specify an alias for a bizobj that shares the same DataSource as
> another. DataSource would still be used to link to the underlying table,
> but DataAlias would be used when retrieving a bizobj reference; it would
> default to DataSource if no alias is set.
>
>       Does that sound reasonable?
>

> -- Ed Leafe

IMO I don't see much of an advantage.  I think I can do that now.  In my case
the reason I need to have a second bizobj with a already used data source is
to use it like any other bizobj.  IOW/s my needs follow the VFP "use again"
feature.  Currently I create views or use direct executes to create datasets.

Johnf