On 10/13/11 7:38 AM, Chris G wrote:
> Finally to the question - is it possible to have a form/view of my table
> that looks like the Browse tab view of the table but allows me to edit
> (and add to) the records in place?

Yes.

> I want especially to be able to
> create a view of the table that shows the records and columns exactly as
> in the Browse tab but with an extra blank row/record at the bottom into
> which one can simply type the next row's values using the TAB key to go
> from column to column.  Ideally I'd like to be able to edit existing
> records in the same manner (except of course that initial values are there
> already) but that's not so important.

Yes.

> Having to click on each value to edit it is much too painful and the
> ability to see the preceding records as one adds a new one is also very
> important for this particular application.

There are cases for editable grids. You need to do two things:

1) set grid.Column.Editable = True
2) set grid.Editable = True

Find the appwizard-generated code in ui/Grd<name>.py where <name> is the table
name.

> So is it reasonably simple to do such a thing in dabo?

Reasonably simple, yes. However you don't get all the bells and whistles of
using a
real textbox, spinner, checkbox, etc.

Paul