On Feb 9, 2012, at 8:28 AM, Vineet Deodhar wrote:

> Is there any way to make dabo call delete() on correct records and save()
> on correct records (without any extra coding from my side)?
> Maybe something like setDeleteFlag?

        The key is to make sure that the record upon which you want to act
(delete/update) currently selected; either through the UI (e.g., selecting the
row in a grid), or programmatically (e.g., form.moveToRowNumber()). Then when
delete() is called, that will be the record to delete.

        For updates, the same general thing applies: selecting the desired row
will cause that row's data to be displayed in any bound UI objects, and
changing those values will affect just that row. However, saving those changes
is buffered, so when you modify the values, they are not written immediately to
the backend store; they are only changed in the local dataset. When you call
form.save(), Dabo will find all your changes and save them, even if you have
moved to a different row in the bizobj. This behavior is the default; you can
change it by setting the form's SaveAllRows property to False. If you do that,
only changes in the current row of the PrimaryBizobj (and related child rows)
will be saved.

-- Ed Leafe