On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 02/15/2012 08:20 AM, Vineet Deodhar wrote:
>

>> As I understand from you answer, append&  update are dealt with by Dabo UI
>>
>> (except delete) in the same way as VFP CA.
>> Pl. reply whether I get it right.
>>

> Why can't you just use the save() or saveAll() methods of dBizobj?:
>
> http://paul.dabodev.com/doc/**api/dabodoc/dabo.biz.dBizobj.**dBizobj.html<http://paul.dabodev.com/doc/api/dabodoc/dabo.biz.dBizobj.dBizobj.html>
>
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.kla...@gmail.com

Adrian,
I am using save() method.
The matter is that, before calling save(), I must call new()  +
setFieldVal() on appended record(s) ;
For updated records, seek() + setFieldVal().

If I were using UI layer, I think this can be taken care of by dabo
automatically (pl. correct me if I am wrong).
Since I am using just biz & db layers, I need to identify the appended
records & updated records myself.
Then call save() on parent bizobj.

--- Vineet

multipart/alternative